Regina International Open Theatre Society
The Regina International Open Theatre Society (R.I.O.T.S.) is a community based, non-profit corporation formed to produce the annual Regina International Fringe Theatre Festival and Kid’s Fringe. The organization brings to Regina and southern Saskatchewan affordable and innovative live independent Fringe theatre for audiences of all ages. Performing artists participate from provincial, national and international touring companies.
Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals
The Regina International Fringe Theatre Festival is a member of the Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals (CAFF). Established in 1994 by North American Fringe Producers, the CAFF model preserves the ‘Fringe’ ideals and principals. Endorsed by CAFF, the Regina International Fringe Theatre Festival abides by the following key principles:
- Participants are selected on a non-juried basis, through a first-come, first-serve process, lottery, or other approved method.
- The audience must have the option to pay a ticket price, 100% of which goes directly to the artists.
- Fringe Festival producers have no control over the artistic content of each performance.
- The artistic freedom of the participants is unrestrained, uncensored and ratings are provided for family or adult performances.
- Festivals must provide an easily accessible opportunity for all audiences and all artists to participate in Fringe.
For more information on CAFF and other Fringe Festivals in North America visit www.fringefestivals.com.
Producer - 2019 - Bernadette Tice
Technical Director 2019 - Riley Richter
Volunteer/Billets Co-ordinator 2019 - Janessa Baron
Production Assistants - 2019 - Eden Engelbrecht, Kelsey Howatt, Connor Stewart, Ryan Ramsay
Venue Technicians - 2019
Unitarian - Attrinia Blythe
Sk Express - Jade Tuplin
Museum - Devon Bonneau
St Mary's - Derek Klassen
Artesian - Ryan Bennett
Board of Directors - Layne Arthur (Chair), Ethan Williams (Treasurer), William Hales, Jess Grant, Shanna-Marie Jones